Tuesday, July 1, 2008

party food

My 2nd child Joseph is turning five on Sunday, my , where did that time go!. He has decided to have a wizard, gnome, fairy party and so we are all busily cooking for the day.
Today we made sausage rolls, I got the pastry from Sovereign Hill, a tourist attraction depicting the goldrush era last century, and they use REAL butter. The only thing is that the weight is in pounds and I'm a metric girl, so I ordered 12 pounds which didn't sound a lot, but it was. So we'll be eating lots of food with pastry this week.
Sausage roll recipe
2kg beef mince
500grams sausage mince
4 carrots
1 cup peas
2 large onions
4 rashers bacon
2 eggs
I cup fresh breadcrumbs
2 teas Italian herbs
1 stock cube crumbled
1 table worcestershire sauce
salt and pepper
fry the onion and bacon together,cool. Mix all ingredients together in a large bowl. make sausage rolls, cook at about 200.

No comments: