Monday, August 13, 2012

Muma & daughter beret's


I'm glad that even though Thora is sub-tropical, it still gets cold in winter, not freezing like Ballarat, but cold enough for the jumpers and beanies to come out.  I don't think I have ever not knitted.

Apparently when your four you have to jump when your photo is taken.


I knitted Alice's beret from a 1950's pattern book, and mine came from drops design, they have a amazing range of patterns and they are free:) The pattern is here



The wool is cashmere and superfine merino, and it is so so soft, I had knnitted lot's of hat's and cardigan's for my babies with this wool, it is super snugly.
I used to think, if ever you were having a bad day with the kids, just dress them in this wool and you'll want to smooch them all day long.


Alice took the photo's of me, not bad for a four year old!

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Hello, just found your blog by clicking through another with a link. Wow, what an adventure you are having. What amazing handwork, gorgeous jumpers and berets, they look so soft and are so beautiful. Happy settling in to your new home. I look forward to visiting again.

umi said...

sweeeet!