Saturday, February 6, 2010

New Clothes

The fabric for the shirt is from Fabritopia, and even though it's quilting weight, it's lovely and soft. I didn't cut the fabric on the bias, it's the pattern in the fabic. The pattern is out of Ottobre.


The shorts fabric is from tip, tapp, stoff, lovely lightweight, reversible fabric, the front pockets are a welt pocket, which just means you have to think about them for a bit.

All the boys are of late, quite interested in where their clothes come from, I guess global warming is on everyones mind. I made a conscious desicion not to buy from china a few years ago.. For many reasons, child labour, support local, quality, the fact that nearly everything comes out of China does not sit well with me. So of course they are very chuffed if their clothes come from Australia, or better still out of the sewing room.



I'm so loving the company of these two little ones, since school went back. My four year old Flynn who thinks he's eight, and always running with the big kids, is back in my arms on the couch, singing together, cooking together.....


In this photo we were heading down the road to get the mail, eating the first of the blood plums from our tree.

Today, our little Flynn gave my husband such a fright, flynn was helping Dad over at the treehouse and he got excited seeing Granpa walking over and started telling Granpa the best way up. Well he stepped back onto nothing but air and fell, I think Dan's torn a muscle in his shoulder from lungeing forward hoping to grab Flynn, but Flynn was already falling, falling down 3 metres. Luckily Dan keeps a tidy work area, all the saws, nail guns, drills are kept under the fooring, so he fell onto dirt, narrowly missing the stacked timber. Well Flynn screamed, which is alway's a good sign, he landed well, as little kids do, and is asleep now on the couch. No broken bones, just some swelling on one side of his face.

Dan on the other hand looks in shock, white as a ghost and a little teary, I guess he knows just how bad it could have been.

We will be thanking Flynn's guardian angels in our prayers tonight.
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

HawthorneC said...

Oh dear! I'm all teary too. Give Flynn a big hug from me. Glad he is OK.
Love the clothes.
Sue

Anna said...

I am so glad your babe is well!

Potato said...

So glad everything is all right with your boy. So scary! (And that shirt is just perfect!)