Thursday, September 11, 2008

Flynn is three,already!







Our little man is three and we had a lovely day celebrating his birth. We sung songs, hokey pokey(his favourite), skip to my Lou, steam train, like a leaf or feather. I told the story of 'Mrs Tree' which is a wonderful steiner(waldolf) story for three to four year olds which involves the child who is the tree.Flynn chose a hard hat as his birthday cake which I made more exciting by making it into a pinata, but as you can see by the pictures it was hard to break the white chocolate layer we had to call in big brother Jim to help hammer it. before we sing happy birthday the birthday boy holding a candle, walks to his place at the table while everyone sings 'the birthday song'

It was three years ogo today, today, when Flynn came down from the heavens to stay, he came to bring gladness and joy to the earth, good people and angels attended his birth, so let us all now join them in singing, with heavenly birthday bells ringing,happy birthday dear flynn, happy birthday dear Flynn.

The verse is from the C.D. The magic garden- kidz for kidz. Its my all time favourite c.d. I love it so much. It has a great range of songs on it for boys and girls,my eldest who is nearly eight still loves listening to it. The birthday felt crown is from the book ' the creative family' by amanda soule. It's a great book, full of ideas on how to make things together as a family.

1 comment:

hanna said...

Happy Birthday Flynn!It looks like he had a fun party.
Thanks for your comment on my blog, I know they grow up so fast don't they! You reminded me that Isla will be 1 soon also - what?crazy!
Yes I do have a heart shaped waffle iron, it is new, my husband bought it for me a few years ago. It is from Briscoes - not sure if you have that over there, it's a housewares chain store.