Monday, August 4, 2008

camfire on the Murray River



We had some lovely days up at Corowa (my home town) on the Murray. Always great to catch up with family, the little cousins all get along so well. It's nice for my parents to see their grandkids, Alice is already 9 months, Every month she seems to be doing something new. Pa built a fantastic fire by the murray and we had a great feast. Jimmy made damper(pictured) and it was yum.
Damper
3 cups self-raising flour
1 cup cream
1 cup lemonade, schweeps brand has no preservative
mix together swiftly in a bowl until it is just mixed, then turn out into a greased camp oven, dig a hole and cover the bottom with coals, place the campoven on top then cover with more coals, cook for about 15-20 mins. Delicous.
I always love going home because it means that I will get a chance to do more craft. I made these pencil gnomes as a take home present for Flynn's birthday in a couple of weeks, he is turning a big three. The pencils are the tri colour lyra pencil, made in germany, why is it that everything that germany make is good?. I then wired wooden beads for head and hands and dressed them in wool felt, I love making gnomes, they always seem to come alive.

1 comment:

mommychick said...

Cute little gnome pencil toppers:-)